- Faculty & Staff Directory
- Helpdesk Ticket System
- Website Support
- Colleague - Web UI
- Forms Database
Become a Student at Lakehead
Application processes can be intimidating. Below, we have come up with simple step-by-step instructions that will help you complete your application.
1. Check out our programs
- We offer several unique undergraduate and graduate program options. No matter your current goals or future aspirations, Lakehead truly has something for everyone!
- If you are applying from a school outside of Canada, you will need to meet our undergraduate or graduate admission requirements.
2. Apply to Lakehead University through OUAC
- If you are an undergraduate applicant using the OUAC website, confirm your offer online and be sure to pay the deposit fee.
- If you're a graduate student, return the admissions response document in your Admissions Package to Graduate Studies. Don't forget to pay the appropriate deposit fees.
4. Follow the steps on your Acknowledgement Letter to set up your Lakehead University e-mail account (myEmail)
5. Apply for your study permit and visa
7. Complete and submit the following forms:
- Pre Arrival Form - Thunder Bay
- Housing Form
- Emergency Contact Form
- Photo Release Form
- Pre Arrival Form - Orillia Campus
Note: All International and Exchange students are automatically enrolled in UHIP, a health insurance plan billed directly to your student account. Students in the English Language Program are enrolled in a health insurance plan called Guard.Me.
8. Confirm housing, either on or off campus. Before leaving your home country, it is important that you have a safe place to stay near your future campus.
9. Register for Orientation
10. Register for courses
- Log into myInfo at myinfo.lakeheadu.ca
- Click on the link "For Students"
- Under the heading Registration, click the "Register for Classes" link and follow on-screen instructions.
Travel to Lakehead
You will need to book a domestic flight prior to arriving in Canada that continues from your Port of Entry to Thunder Bay, ON. There are 2 major airlines that service Thunder Bay: Air Canada and WestJet. For students travelling to the Thunder Bay campus, you must complete the Travel information Form (PDF) no later than 10 days before your arrival date to arrange an airport pickup.
For students travelling to the Orillia campus, please indicate clearly on the Travel Information Form (PDF) and we will make arrangements with you to take Simcoe Country Shuttle Service. Collect your luggage and clear immigration. To find the van, report to the "Ground Transportation" counter on the ground level (one floor below arrivals) between areas "R" and "S". You must check in at the counter - do not go outside to the curb looking for the van
Methods of Payment
Please refer to this link to view payment instructions for international students.
Please note: Residence room offers will be emailed to Lakehead University email addresses. You must confirm your room in Residence.
THUNDER BAY CAMPUS
What dates can you move into residence?
If you have applied to residence and accepted your room offer, the official move in date for international students for is August 25th, 2017. Please contact residence to make them aware of your arrival date by e-mailing them at firstname.lastname@example.org.