- Faculty & Staff Directory
- Helpdesk Ticket System
- Website Support
- Colleague - Web UI
- Forms Database
Become a Student at Lakehead
Application processes can be intimidating. Below, we have come up with simple step-by-step instructions that will help you complete your application.
- We offer several unique undergraduate and graduate program options. No matter your current goals or future aspirations, Lakehead truly has something for everyone!
- If you are applying from a school outside of Canada, you will need to meet our undergraduate or graduate admission requirements.
2. Apply to Lakehead University through OUAC
- If you are an undergraduate applicant using the OUAC website, confirm your offer online and be sure to pay the deposit fee.
- If you're a graduate student, return the admissions response document in your Admissions Package to Graduate Studies. Don't forget to pay the appropriate deposit fees.
5. Follow the steps on your Acknowledgement Letter to set up your Lakehead University e-mail account (myEmail)
6. Apply for your study permit and visa
- Emergency Contact Form
- Photo Release Form
- Travel Information Form - Thunder Bay Campus
- Travel Information Form - Orillia Campus
Note: all International and Exchange students are automatically enrolled in UHIP, a Health Insurance plan billed directly to your student account
9. Confirm housing, either on or off campus. Before leaving your home country, it is important that you have a safe place to stay near your future campus.
- Log into myInfo at myinfo.lakeheadu.ca
- Click on the link "For Students"
- Under the heading Registration, click the "Register for Classes" link and follow on-screen instructions.
Note: Registration opens June 2016 for the Fall/Winter Semesters
11. Upon arrival, all students must attend Orientation and pay student fees.
Travel to Lakehead
You will need to book a domestic flight prior to arriving in Canada that continues from your Port of Entry to Thunder Bay, ON. There are 2 major airlines that service Thunder Bay: Air Canada and WestJet. For students travelling to the Thunder Bay campus, you must complete the Travel information Form (PDF) no later than 10 days before your arrival date to arrange an airport pickup.
For students travelling to the Orillia campus, please indicate clearly on the Travel Information Form (PDF) and we will make arrangements with you to take Simcoe Country Shuttle Service. Collect your luggage and clear immigration. To find the van, report to the "Ground Transportation" counter on the ground level (one floor below arrivals) between areas "R" and "S". You must check in at the counter - do not go outside to the curb looking for the van
Methods of Payment
- Use Global Pay for students to pay in your home currency
- Money Orders and Bank Drafts (payable to Lakehead University; student ID on front)
- Cash (Canadian or U.S. funds only by visiting the Accounts Office in room UC0002)
Complete the online residence application here
Please note: Residence room offers will be emailed to Lakehead University email addresses. You must confirm your room in Residence.
THUNDER BAY CAMPUS
Thunder Bay, Ontario, P7B 5E1
Orillia, Ontario, L3V 0B6
What dates can you move into residence?
If you have a residence contract, the official move in date for the Fall semester is August 21st, 2016. Please contact residence directly if you have a contract and are arriving early. If you do not have a residence contract and wish to arrive early, you will need to arrange for your own housing.