General Admission Requirements
Applicants are required to have completed an Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD), or equivalent, plus a minimum of 5 full years of employment in one of the following trades or fields.
Applicants must have relevant professional experience, working in one of the following technological subjects:
- Communications Technology
- Computer Technology
- Construction Technology
- Green Industries
- Hair Styling and Aesthetics*
- Heath Care
- Hospitality and Tourism
- Manufacturing Technology
- Technological Design
- Transportation Technology*
* If you are applying to Hairstyling and Aesthetics or Transportation Technology, you are required to submit a current Certificate of Qualification.
Equity: Mature, Indigenous Persons and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Indigenous applicants may choose to self-identify their Indigenous ancestry on the OUAC application form in the field provided. Persons with a disability, who feel that they have been academically disadvantaged may outline reasons in a personal statement submitted to Enrolment Services - Undergraduate Admissions at Lakehead University. Persons with a disability must meet the minimum admission requirements and will be required to meet the same standards for progression and graduation as other students.
Applicants are to submit the following required documentation as part of the application process.
- Application and Application Fees (including the supplementary non-refundable fee of $60 must be submitted to the Ontario Universities' Application Centre)
- Official High School Transcript and Proof of OSSD (or equivalent)
- Official Post-Secondary Transcripts (if applicable)
- Profile Form
- Proof of Work Experience (letter of employment*, T4 or sworn statement)
- Language Proficiency Requirements
* If you worked for an employer or through a union hall, submit a copy of a signed letter on official company letterhead. It must be written by a supervisor familiar with your work. It must attest to:
- The length of your employment, indicating start and end dates and whether the work was full-time or part-time
- The nature of your employment (job description) providing specific statement of the knowledge and skills you used.
** If you are applying to Hairstyling and Aesthetics or Transportation Technology, you are required to submit a current Certificate of Qualification.
How to Apply
To apply to the Diploma in Technology Education program offered at Lakehead University, the application form used is available online through the Ontario Universities' Application Centre.
Please Note: If you do not complete all application requirements, your application will be marked as Incomplete. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that they are meeting Lakehead University's admission requirements, prior to all published deadline dates.
Students admitted to the Bachelor of Education program must maintain the high professional standards expected of all teachers during their placements. A Teacher candidate may be excluded or withdrawn from the placement when his/her performance is deemed to be unsafe. Unsafe practice is any situation arising from a Teacher candidate's interaction with students or colleagues which places these students, colleagues, or the candidate himself/herself at risk or harm.
Additional Resources & Links