Considering Graduate Studies at Lakehead? Congratulations! You've made a great choice.
We are proud to offer a diverse selection of Masters, PhD, and Certificate offerings at the graduate level...but we provide much more than a wide variety of program options. Our students enjoy the guidance and support of highly dedicated faculty, incredible funding opportunities, and considerable freedom as to what, and where, they will study.
To submit a complete application package please review the steps outlined below.
How To Apply
- Interested applicants should begin by reviewing a program's admission requirements. To access this information, visit our list of Masters, PhD, or Certificate programs, click on a program title, and then select 'Requirements'. NOTE: Pre-assessment services are not available. Applicant qualifications will be assessed once a formal application package has been submitted to a graduate program.
- If you satisfy the program's minimum admission requirements, the next step is to review the program's application requirements.
If you meet all of the program's requirements, click the following link to access our online application:
- Click Here to Apply to Graduate Studies - Fall 2022
- Click here to Apply to Graduate Studies - Spring 2022 ONLY
Applicants to a graduate program must submit a non-refundable application fee of one hundred Canadian dollars $100 CAD. Your application package will not be processed until the application fee has been received.
Graduate Students applying for the first time normally apply for a Fall (September) start term. However, in some academic units, students are permitted to apply to begin their studies in the Winter (January) or Spring (May) terms. Complete list of programs and available academic start terms.
Although applications are received on a continual basis, we recommend that interested applicants submit a complete application package by the following dates:
- For a Fall start term: February 1
- For a Winter start term: September 30
- For a Spring start term: January 15
Any hard copy documents submitted to the Faculty of Graduate Studies that are not required by the applicant's program will be discarded.
Once processed, your application will be forwarded to the appropriate academic department for review. Please check your Lakehead University email, often, for updates on your application status.
Applicants may be considered for conditional admission, within the University's Graduate Studies Admission Regulations and upon approval from the academic department. Please submit a formal and complete application package as outlined above.
Applicants who have additional questions can email the Faculty of Graduate Studies at firstname.lastname@example.org