Undergraduate Funding Opportunities - INTERNATIONAL
Mitacs Inc. (Click on the link for the Mitacs page)
- Global: Globalink Research Award (GRA) - (Open Call)
- Germany: Mitacs-DAAD RISE-Globalink Research Internship - Deadline
November 30, 2023 extended to December 6, 2023 for Summer 2024
- Latin America: International Research Mobility Experience Program (IRME)
- Medium-term (12-16 weeks) research internships in Latin America, in collaboration with Mitacs - OPEN CALL - Can be done as a co-op!
- 2023-24 Call is now open! Apply by the end of January for Summer 2024. For more information and to submit an expression of interest, click here.
- For a list of available internships in Colombia and Mexico, click here.
- Other internships may be eligible for funding as well - please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Short-term (1-4 weeks) research internships in Latin America and the Caribbean - to accompany a Lakehead Faculty member on a research project. Must be nominated by the professor.
- Short-term (2-4 weeks) Field school / study tours in Latin America and the Caribbean, lead by a Lakehead Faculty member. Must be nominated by a faculty member.
- Short-term schools / courses with other member or partner institutions may also be eligible for funding. For example,
INDIA: Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute (SICI)
- Shastri Student Research in India Fellowships (SSRIF). Funded by Global Affairs Canada, the SSRIF is a 12-week, CAD$ 7,000 research fellowship for Canadian students enrolled in undergraduate and graduate degree programs (all disciplines), to undertake research projects at Indian member institutions. Projects must be completed by April 30, 2024. Students must be Canadian citizens or permanent residents. SICI will provide project project facilitation and travel support services. Click HERE for more information. For assistance, contact Jill Sherman, email@example.com.
GERMANY: German Universities of Applied Sciences - UAS7 Internship ProgramThe UAS7 are a group of Universities of Applied Sciences in Germany, offering internships to students in North America. Some of the internships offer a travel scholarship of 1,000 Euros. Students accepted to internships may be able to apply to the Mitacs GRA program for financial support.
The King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) is a private research university in Thuwal, Saudi Arabia. KAUST is offering research internships to 3rd/4th year Bachelors or Masters students through their Visiting Student Research Program (VSRP). Students receive a travel costs, housing, health coverage, a monthly stipend (USD 1,000) and access to KAUST's world-class Core Labs and research facilities. There are no citizenship requirements, open call. Over 150 internships on offer in all STEM related disciplines.