- Faculty & Staff Directory
- Helpdesk Ticket System
- Website Support
- Colleague - Web UI
- Forms Database
Undergraduate research matters!
This page has been developed specifically for Lakehead University undergraduate students in order to promote undergraduate research at Lakehead as well as to provide information on external funding opportunities geared to undergraduates at Lakehead.
Lakehead University Undergraduate Student Research Conference
Participate in the year's Undergraduate Student Research Conference! For information on how to register, please check back in the coming months!
More information on: The Post and Digging Deeper: Lakehead University's Research Club
Upcoming Conference: Undergraduate Network for Research in the Humanities
This is a reminder that the deadline to apply for UNRH’s InterHumanities conference is now about one month away. Applications are due by November 12th, so be sure to alert your students! As a reminder, projects for applications do not have to be completed; as long as the project is well underway and/or will be finished in time for the conference, students may submit partially completed projects. Furthermore, all applicants will need to learn about and decide upon a workshop to attend. Read about the workshops at http://unrh.org/conference/workshops/.
We at UNRH are also excited to announce our keynote speaker, Dr. Jacob Heil. To learn more about Jacob, visit http://unrh.org/conference/keynote-speaker/.
We look forward to hearing from your students.
Research Funding Opportunities for undergraduates
- The Undergraduate Network for Research in the Humanities (UNRH) invites project proposals for its conference to be hosted by Hope College in Holland, Michigan. The conference will be held on February 16th-18th, 2018. The deadline for applications is by 11:59pm ET on November 12th, 2017. For more information, click here.
- Mitacs: Globalink Research Award
- The Mitacs Globalink Research Award provides funding to support senior undergraduate and graduate student research projects abroad.
- Natural Resources Canada (NRC): Science and Technology Internship Program
- "The Science and Technology Internship Program (STIP) provides an opportunity to recent graduates in natural science and engineering to gain relevant and meaningful work experiences within their field of studies [NRC website]."
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC): Undergraduate Student Research Awards
- NSERC Experience Awards