- For Staff
- Faculty & Staff Directory
- Helpdesk Ticket System
- Website Support
- Colleague - Web UI
- Forms Database
Undergraduate research matters!
This page has been developed specifically for Lakehead University undergraduate students in order to promote undergraduate research at Lakehead as well as to provide information on external funding opportunities geared to undergraduates at Lakehead.
Lakehead University Undergraduate Student Research Conference
Participate in Research Innovation Week's 2019 Undergraduate Student Research Conference!
Registration information coming soon!
More information on: The Post and Digging Deeper: Lakehead University's Research Club
SSHRC has recently launched its annual Storytellers contest, challenging postsecondary students to creatively show Canadians how social sciences and humanities research has an impact on our lives and on our communities.
The contest is open to all students—graduate and undergraduate—enrolled at Canadian postsecondary institutions. Their task is to tell the story, in 3 minutes or 300 words, of a SSHRC-funded research project—their own or a professor’s—taking place at their institution. We will select 25 finalists to receive a $3000 cash prize and specialized training in research communications. For details on this year’s Storytellers contest, please follow us on Twitter, watch the #SSHRCStorytellers hashtag, and visit the SSHRC website.We encourage you to spread the word to faculty who may wish to encourage a student to profile their SSHRC-funded research. At the following link, you will find various promotional materials: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gcv2cyu5i0vpxgg/AABu1y5GyhrK_2JXYlbLRpX7a?dl=0
Research Funding Opportunities for undergraduates
- Mitacs: Globalink Research Award
- The Mitacs Globalink Research Award provides funding to support senior undergraduate and graduate student research projects abroad.
- Natural Resources Canada (NRC): Science and Technology Internship Program
- "The Science and Technology Internship Program (STIP) provides an opportunity to recent graduates in natural science and engineering to gain relevant and meaningful work experiences within their field of studies [NRC website]."
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC): Undergraduate Student Research Awards
- NSERC Experience Awards