The One-Year Honours Bachelor of Social Work program is offered at both the Thunder Bay and Orillia Campus at Lakehead University. This program is designed for graduates of a three or four year undergraduate degree program.
General Admission Requirements
Admission to the One-Year Honours Bachelor of Social Work program is based on the following four different areas:
- Academic grades (40%) - minimum overall average of 70% based on last 10 undergraduate/graduate degree level full course equivalents(not including college transfer credits) completed at the time of application
- Volunteer and work experience (15%)
- References (20%)
- A personal statement exam (25%)
How to Apply
To apply to the One-Year Honours Bachelor of Social Work program offered at Lakehead University, the application form used is available online through the Ontario Universities' Application Centre.
For full-time studies:
---> Apply through the Ontario Universities' Application Centre on the 105 Application Form
Applicants are to submit the following required documentation as part of the application process.
- Official Transcripts
- International Credential Advantage Package (ICAP) from World Education Services (Canada) - for applicants with post-secondary credentials outside of Canada or the United States
- Language Proficiency Requirements
- Application Package (Sample)
- Resume - outlining work and volunteer experience
- Supplemental Application Form
- Supplemental Application Fee Instructions
- Two Reference Forms
- Personal Statement Exam - please refer to the Application Package for more information.
Important Deadline Dates
|For Applicants Interested in Applying to the One Year Honours Bachelor of Social Work|
January 2, 2018 CLOSED
Deadline to Submit Supplemental Application Package
January 8, 2018
Deadline to Submit Official Transcripts and WES Assessments
February 16, 2018
Release Date of Offers (tentative)
Deadline to Submit Insitutionally-Prepared Course Descriptions for Transfer Credit Assessments
June 1, 2018
Deadline to Meet Admission Conditions & Submit Proof of Degree
June 22, 2018