After year 2 of the Honours Bachelor of Social Work program, students must apply for admission to the professional years (third and fourth years) of the program by formal application. Students currently studying at another university will also be considered.
General Admission Requirements
Admission to the Year 3 of the Honours Bachelor of Social Work program is based on the following four different areas:
- Academic grades - minimum overall average of 70% required
- Volunteer and work experience
- A personal statement exam
For additional information about the School of Social Work and the supplemental application, references, resume and personal statement, please visit the School of Social Work.
How to Apply
For applicants currently attending or previously attended Lakehead University, you will:
---> Apply through the Lakehead University Undergraduate Application Form
For applicants that have never been registered at Lakehead University, you will:
---> Apply through the Ontario Universities' Application Centre on the 105 Application Form
Applicants are to submit the following required documentation as part of the application process.
- Official Transcripts
- International Credential Assessments from World Education Services (Canada) - for applicants with post-secondary credentials outside of Canada or the United States
- Language Proficiency Requirements
- Application Package (Sample)
- Resume - outlining work and volunteer experience
- Supplemental Application Form
- Two Reference Forms
- Personal Statement Exam - please refer to the Application Package for more information
Please note: Incomplete applications will not be considered.
International Credential Assessments
Applicants with post-secondary credentials outside of Canada or the United States are required to provide International Credential Assessments from World Education Services (Canada). A course-by-course evaluation is required. All associated assessment fees are the responsibility of the applicant. The International Credential Assessment sent directly from the World Education Services is required in by Enrolment Services - Undergraduate Admissions by the deadline stated below.
Important Deadline Dates
|For Applicants Interested in Applying to the Third Year of the Honours Bachelor of Social Work|
January 2, 2018 CLOSED
Deadline to Submit Supplemental Application Package
January 8, 2018
Deadline to Submit Official Transcripts and WES Assessments
May 11, 2018
Release Date of Offers (tentative)
End of May 2018
Deadline to Meet Admission Conditions
August 10, 2018