Admin Assistant (Part-Time/Casual limited term) $17.50/hour (July – September 2017)
Lakehead University Community Legal Services is a legal clinic within the Bora Laskin Faculty of Law that provides legal services to low income clients, as well as an experience based educational program for Lakehead Law students. Our work includes individual case files, teaching, community outreach and public legal education.
We are seeking a highly organized, detail oriented, Lakehead Law Student to provide some part-time / casual assistance to our Administrative team. This position will assist the clinic with summer projects that generate extra administrative duties and will serve as backfill for the full-time Admin position during occasional vacation days.
Reporting to the Clinic Director, this position:
- Providing administrative assistance to the Director as needed;
- Acting as Reception / Screening and referring calls;
- File management (opening, closing, storing, destruction);
- Tracking court appearances and limitation dates;
- Scanning and uploading documents to the file management software;
- Compiling packages for ID clinics
- Such other administrative duties as determined by the Director.
This position requires someone with excellent administrative and computer skills as well as knowledge of the legal system:
- Currently enrolled in the Bora Laskin Faculty of Law, entering second or third year.
- Excellent computer skills including a high level of proficiency with all Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Word, and Excel) as well as Google Mail, Google Documents and Google Calendar; experience with website editing/maintenance preferred;
- Exceptional attention to detail;
- A proven ability to balance multiple and competing priorities in a fast paced environment;
- An ability to work independently and as a part of a team;
- A demonstrated ability in serving low-income clients and persons with disabilities in a respectful and sensitive manner;
- Demonstrated cultural competencies / experience serving Aboriginal persons / familiarity with Aboriginal communities in Northern Ontario;
- Diplomacy and discretion when dealing with sensitive and confidential matters;
If you are interested in applying, please submit your curriculum vitae and cover letter outlining your experience to:
Director Kimberley Gagan
Lakehead University Community Legal Clinic