In June 2022, LUSU officially launched the rebranded Food Resource Centre. It's a safe space where any Lakehead student can come to access food in an emergency situation. In addition to emergency food support, the LUSU Food Resource Centre also provides students with educational workshops (such as cooking classes), programming (such as the People's Potato and the Good Food Box), and volunteer opportunities.
We are hoping to bring back the annual Departmental Food Drive Challenge with some new changes! We greatly appreciate all of the work, passion, and dedication each department had for this challenge.
How it works:
- Donations are welcome all year-round.
- Donation boxes will be delivered to offices during the last week of September. Once your department's box is full, bring it to the centre or give us a call. We will keep track of the items donated by each department.
- A first semester preliminary count will take place in December. Final totals will be calculated at the end of the second semester (April) and the winner will be announced.
What items are needed?
- Non-perishables (e.g., canned beans, canned tuna, dried lentils, rice, canned vegetables, etc.)
- Fresh fruits, vegetables, bread, eggs, and other produce
- Frozen vegetables, fruits, and meats
Donations can be dropped off to the LUSU Food Resource Centre (Room UC 2014 B), Monday to Friday between 9 am and 4 pm.
You can reach out to Sierra Garofalo, LUSU Food Resource Centre Coordinator, with any questions at FRC@lusu.ca.