This page contains toolkits and other resources to help Lakehead University faculty members as they develop applications for funding from the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC) Information will be continuously added to the page as it is developed.
2. What is the Internal Process for Applying to SSHRC?
SSHRC Internal Application Process
- SSHRC Internal Submission Process
- Research Services Application Checklist
- Research Proposal Approval Form
- SSHRC Partnership Agreement Templates for PDGs & PGs
3. Useful Resources on the SSHRC Website
- How to Apply to SSHRC
- The Journey of a SSHRC Application
- Talent Program
- Insight Program
- Connection Program
- Resources: Preparing an application involving research-creation for Insight and Insight Development Grants
- SSHRC Guidelines for Effective Research Training
- Tri-Agency Open Access Guide for Publications
- Frequently Asked Questions
Grant Guidelines & Instructions
- SSHRC Connection Guidelines
- SSHRC Connection Instructions
- SSHRC Insight Development Grant Guidelines
- SSHRC Insight Development Grant Instructions (2020)
- SSHRC Insight Grant Guidelines
- SSHRC Insight Grant Instructions
- SSHRC Partnership Engage Grant Guidelines
- SSHRC Partnership Engage Grant Instructions
- SSHRC Partnership Development Grant Guidelines
- SSHRC Partnership Development Grant Instructions
- SSHRC Partnership Grant Guidelines
- Partnership Grant Instructions Stage I
- SSHRC CCV instructions
- SSHRC CCV Questions and Answers
Indigenous Research Resources
4. Internal Lakehead University Resources
While these guides are meant to assist researchers in managing the process of applying for SSHRC funding, nothing in these guides should be interpreted to replace a thorough and detailed reading of the program guidelines and other policy documents provided by SSHRC.
SSHRC Enhancement Program
Below is the list of SSHRC-eligible faculty members who have agreed to make themselves available to new faculty members who are applying to SSHRC and would like feedback on their grant proposals. There faculty members have significant experience as successful SSHRC grant writers and/or as review committee members.
We thank all those individuals who have allowed their names to be included on the list. This list is updated annually. Faculty members interested in being mentors can contact the Knowledge Mobilization Facilitator at firstname.lastname@example.org
- University Open Access Resources Page
Grant Writing Resources
- For grant writers, grant writing tips, etc., please click here.
Samples of Successful Applications
The Office of Research Services has received permission from a number of faculty members to allow their successful SSHRC applications to be made available to newer faculty members who are preparing their own SSHRC applications and wish to see an example of a successful application. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
Past Information Sessions / Documents
- SSHRC PEG (including Covid-19 Special PEG) - with Dr. PhebeAnn Wolframe Smith (June 2020)
- SSHRC's Partnership Streams: The Partnership Engage, Partnership Development, and Partnership Grants 2019-2020 (video)- with Dr. PhebeAnn Wolframe-Smith & Dr. Charles Levkoe
- SSHRC IDG/IG Information Session 2019-20 (video) - with Dr. PhebeAnn Wolframe-Smith & Dr. Valerie Hébert
- SSHRC IDG Information Session 2018-19 (video) - with Dr. PhebeAnn Wolframe-Smith & Dr. Kristin Burnett
- Powerpoint slides are available from previous grant information sessions by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org