Administer Your Funding

After funding is awarded, it is important to first identify the type of funding that has been granted. You may then seek assistance from the correct personnel and learn how to receive the funding and start an account.

Grant and Contract Definitions

  • Donations
  • Grants-in-aid
  • Contribution agreements
  • MOUs
  • Contract research
  • Service agreements


You may seek assistance from...

  • Research Services: for governmental/NGO research agreements
  • Office of Innovation, Partnerships and Economic Development: for sponsored research agreements with industry, data sharing agreements, material transfer agreements
  • Lakehead University Centre for Analytical Services: for analytical service agreementsĀ 

To learn who may best assist you from one of the above units, please visit Who Can Help Me?