CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR FACULTY AND STAFF WHO WERE PRESENTED AT SENATE WITH THE FOLLOWING AWARDS:
The Contribution to Teaching Award (CTA) is a student-nominated award that recognizes instructors who have demonstrated high levels of teaching performance at Lakehead University. Up to six awards are granted each year.
- Dr. Apparao Dekka, Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Dr. George Hutchinson, Mathematical Science
- Dr. Katherine Kortes-Miller, Social Work
- Mrs. Ainsley Miller, Nursing
- Dr. Jessica Metcalfe, Anthropology
- Dr. Gerald Walton, Education
The Distinguished Instructor Award (DIA) is Lakehead University’s most prestigious teaching award and recognizes an outstanding individual who has made a significant contribution to teaching excellence and educational innovation and leadership at the University over a number of years. Only one award per year is bestowed.
- Dr. Mohammad Uddin, Electrical and Computer Engineering
The Teaching Support Award recognizes the support provided for teaching by employees of the university.
One award will be given annually.
- Ms. Debra Gold, Library
The Teaching Innovation Award recognizes the development and/or implementation of innovative pedagogical practices and technologies. The award is given for the development and/or implementation of a specific pedagogical innovation, and may be awarded to an individual or a team. Up to three awards may be given annually. Recipients will also be invited to lead a workshop on their innovation.
- Dr. John Gotwals, Kinesiology
- Mr. Daniel Vasiliu, Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Mrs. Wendy St. Laurent-Coutts, Nursing, and from Seven Generations Education Institute Team: Taylor Stromness (SGEI-Fort Frances), Nicole Robertson (SGEI-Sioux Lookout), and Wendy Tseng (SGEI-Kenora)