Lakehead University's Faculty of Business Administration is pleased to host the Canadian Council of Small Business and Entrepreneurship (CCSBE) Conference this year. The conference will be held virtually October 28-30, 2022.
This year's conference theme, Entrepreneurship, SMEs, and Sustainable Development, echoes the shared imperative of innovation in public, private, and social sectors upon the prominent and inter-related challenges in environmental, societal, and economic domains around the globe.
This conference focuses on diverse and inclusive approaches to advancing entrepreneurship and driving economic and social recovery across sectors and countries and adopts a comparative and international perspective in addressing topics related to entrepreneurship and innovation.
This year's conference theme focuses on the importance of inclusion in engaging organizations and individuals of diverse nature for their input and participation. Researchers, educators, entrepreneurs, administrators, students, policy makers and all interested in advancing entrepreneurship and small business will participate.
Keynote speakers include:
- Honourable Mary Ng, Minister of Small Business, Export Promotion and International Trade of Canada
- Rosalind Lockyer, Founder & CEO, PARO Centre for Women's Enterprise
- Jason Thompson, President of Superior Strategies Inc and Warrior Engineering Ltd.
- Wendy Cukier, Professor, Toronto Metropolitan University
- Gregor Sneddon, Executive Director, HelpAge Canada
- Heatherjean MacNeil, Entrepreneur and Visiting Faculty, Northeastern University
- Allyson Hewitt, President & CEO, Enactus Canada
- Kelly Lendsay, President & CEO, Indigenous Works and Founder and CEO, LUMINARY
- Sophie Bacq, Larry and Barbara Sharpf Professor of Entrepreneurship, Indiana University
- Jay Krishnan, CEO, the Accelerator Centre (Waterloo)
- Wendy Timpano, General Manager, Orillia Area Community Development Corp.
- Adam Straker, Program Manager, Future of Cities, Communitech