October 5, 2021 – Orillia, Ont.
The province’s GO-VAXX mobile vaccine bus is rolling into Lakehead University on October 6.
The GO-VAXX bus will be set up at the Orillia Campus at 500 University Ave. in Orillia from 10 am to 6 pm on Wednesday, Oct. 6. Students, faculty, staff, and community members born in 2009 or earlier will be able to receive a first or second dose of the Pfizer vaccine. No appointment is required.
Each bus operates as a fully functioning vaccine clinic with the necessary supplies and trained staff to provide assistance to people and ensure vaccines are administered safely. All COVID-19 safety precautions will be followed on board, including the required pre-vaccination screening and post-vaccination monitoring.
Anyone wishing to take advantage of the GO-VAXX bus to receive their vaccine is reminded to:
- Bring your health card. If you do not have a health card or your health card is expired, bring another form of government-issued photo identification such as a driver’s license, passport, status card or birth certificate.
- Eat and drink something before you arrive to prevent feeling faint or dizzy while being vaccinated.
- Dress for the weather in case there is a lineup.
- Wear clothing that allows for easy access to the upper arm such as a loose-fitting top or a T-shirt.
- Wear a mask that covers your nose, mouth and chin.
- Do not visit the GO-VAXX bus if you have symptoms of COVID-19.
For a complete list of vaccination clinics within Simcoe Muskoka, visit www.simcoemuskokahealth.org.
Media: Jaclyn Bucik, Media, Communications & Marketing Associate, at 705-330-4010 ext. 2014 or email@example.com.
Lakehead University is a fully comprehensive university with approximately 9,700 full-time equivalent students and over 2,000 faculty and staff at two campuses in Orillia and Thunder Bay, Ontario. Lakehead has 10 faculties, including Business Administration, Education, Engineering, Graduate Studies, Health & Behavioural Sciences, Law, Natural Resources Management, the Northern Ontario School of Medicine, Science & Environmental Studies, and Social Sciences & Humanities. Lakehead University’s achievements have been recognized nationally and internationally, including being ranked, once again, among Canada’s Top 10 primarily undergraduate universities in Maclean’s 2021 University Rankings; as well as included in the top half of Times Higher Education's 2020 World Universities Rankings for the second consecutive year, and 99th among 1,115 universities from around the world in THE's 2021 Impact Rankings (which assesses institutions against the United Nations’ 17 Sustainable Development Goals). Visit www.lakeheadu.ca.