Support for International Students
Lakehead University is committed to helping you achieve your academic goals. As you transition to Lakehead, and throughout your degree, we have a wide range of services in place to help you.
Our international advisors are here to give you one-on-one guidance in all the matters specific to you as an international student. We can help you with any questions you might have about:
- Financial Assistance
- UHIP (University Health Insurance Program)
- Course Selection
Booking an appointment with an International Student Advisor is easy!
As a current student, you will have access to the services of Lakehead University's regulated International Student Immigration Advisor, who is designated through ICCRC (Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council). The advisor is here to help you with all immigration matters during your studies at Lakehead through one-on-one appointments and workshops.
To learn more about the steps to applying for your student visa or to explore topics related to immigration, please visit our website.
Lakehead International’s Peer Mentor program pairs up experienced Lakehead students with a small group of new international students to help them:
- Transition to university
- Adjust to the Lakehead University campus, the Thunder Bay or Orillia community, and Canadian culture
- Access and get to know on-campus or off-campus resources
The Peer Mentor program organizes activities for all participants. It is a great way to meet new students and explore your new home.
- Academic Advising
- Academic Support (Tutoring, Writing Support, Academic Skills)
- Accounts Receivable - Tuition and Fees
- Career Advising & Job Preparation
- Cooperative Education
- Indigenous and Cultural and Support Services
- Leadership Development Programs
- Office of Human Rights & Equity
- Registering for Classes
- Residence Services
- Security Services
- Student Health and Wellness
- Accessibility Services