Applicants must be:
- A researcher holding an academic appointment at a Canadian University or research institute and eligible to receive funds from a federal granting agency (e.g., NCE, CIHR, NSERC, or SSHRC).
- Actively working in neurodevelopmental disabilities research and within five years from the date of the first research-related appointment at the application deadline, minus eligible career delays. Research-related appointments are defined as those where the individual has the autonomy to hold grants and conduct independent research.
- All eligible leaves (e.g., maternity, parental, medical, bereavement) are credited as career delays twice the time taken.
- Professional leaves (e.g., training, sabbatical, administrative) are not credited as career delays.
- As of March 1st, 2020, those holding early-career status will have their status extended by one year due to COVID-19-related impacts (for example, if the date of initial appointment was July 1st, 2016, the eligibility for this competition is extended to July 1st, 2022).
The Kids Brain Health Network (KBHN) invites Early Career Investigators engaged in neurodevelopmental disabilities research from all disciplines to apply for the 2022 Early Career Investigator & Mentorship Awards competition.
- Award: $50 000 per year for two years (total award $100 000) comprised of $50 000 funding from KBHN and $50 000 from an eligible partner
- Award term: 24 months from September 2022 (or otherwise as negotiated).
- Early Career Investigator eligibility: Must be a faculty member or Principal Investigator at an eligible research institution who is an early career investigator (within five years from the date of their first research-related appointment, minus eligible delays in research). The individual must be engaged in neurodevelopmental disability research in one or more of the priority areas outlined below and can use the funds to support a postdoctoral fellow.
- Types of partners required: Canadian or international institutions or organizations (private, public, not-for-profit) of any type (see details below).
- Application Deadline: June 13th, 2022
- Anticipated Date for Award Notice: July 15th, 2022