Lakehead University invites all Lakehead faculty members in the social sciences and humanities to submit applications to the 2017-2018 SSHRC Aid to Small Universities (ASU) institutional program. The objective of the ASU program is to enable small universities to develop and strengthen focused research capacity in the social sciences and humanities.
Lakehead continues to focus its long-term goal and development plan for the social sciences and humanities on strengthening our capacity to undertake collaborative and community-engaged research that is focused on socio-economic issues of relevance to our region and Canada. The 2017-2018 ASU grant will support one-year research initiatives aligned with our SSHRC ASU Development Plan Strategy, namely to:
- Support the establishment of new interdisciplinary groups and research centres (to be approved by Senate);
- Facilitate the creation of interdisciplinary research clusters and groups for the purposes of applying to SSHRC’s partnership development and partnership programs;
- Facilitate research partnerships with community-based organizations, international partners and other academic institutions nationally and internationally;
- Provide increased opportunities for training of graduate students with opportunities to participate in community-engaged research and international projects;
- Disseminate new knowledge relating to northern and regional development and the impact of globalization.
For more information, click here.