- For Staff
- Faculty & Staff Directory
- Helpdesk Ticket System
- Website Support
- Colleague - Web UI
- Forms Database
We aim to advance knowledge through exciting and innovative research in the lab and in the field. We encourage and engage students through research and learning.
Interested in Biology?
Students in Biology at Lakehead University will learn:
- Innovative research inside the laboratory and in the field
- Central aspects of Biology: form and function, cell and molecular biology, genetics and evolution, biodiversity, systematics, ecology and environmental biology
What is Biology?
The Biology Program will Include:
- Active participation in national and international scientific societies and initiatives
- Involvement within the community, sharing knowledge of the science of biology
- Education for both science-based, professional career students and those who wish to understand the complexity of the living world
To learn more about undergraduate Biology programs offered at our Thunder Bay campus, check out these videos!
Year 1 Applied Life Sciences student Sarah enjoys our hands-on approach to learning biology.
Year 2 Biology student Melanie likes how our small class sizes and research opportunities let students learn with their professors.
Year 4 Biology student Jason appreciates the breadth of his program, from molecules to organisms to ecosystems.
MSc Thesis Proposal - Simrun Chahal 2:00 PM
AT5036 (Thunder Bay) / OA3007 (Orillia)
Biology Seminar Series - Thesis Proposal Practice Presentations 2:30 PM
AT1010 (Thunder Bay) / OA2006 (Orillia)