The Canadian Science Policy Fellowship (CSPF) is now accepting applications from prospective fellows interested in undertaking a year-long policy position with a Canadian government host office beginning in September 2022.
Eligible applicants must:
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident*
- Hold a PhD in any academic discipline at the start of the fellowship
- Participate full-time in a 12-month fellowship with the host office
- Secure accommodation in the host city, and relocate to their host office as needed
- Negotiate a leave of absence from their current employer, as applicable
- Meet any additional requirements of their hosts, including (but not limited to) security clearance requirements
The 2022 cohort of fellowships will begin in September 2022. Approved fellows receive remuneration from their host offices as well as professional development training and networking events facilitated by Mitacs.