For the small grant up to $5,000, your organization cannot have received funding from NHSP since 2015 to 2016.
Goals for small grants (up to $5,000)
Project activities for small grants (up to $5,000) must be 1 of the following:
- support information technology (IT) equipment upgrades (such as computers, tablets)
- provide capital support for current or new activities
- promote volunteering to increase an organization's capacity
If your project activities are different than those above, you should apply for the $25,000 grant. You may still request $5,000 or less through the $25,000 process.
Projects for small grants (up to $5,000) must meet at least 1 of the following program objectives:
- promoting volunteerism among seniors and other generations
- engaging seniors in the community through the mentoring of others
- expanding awareness of elder abuse, including financial abuse
- supporting the social participation and inclusion of seniors
- providing capital assistance for new and existing community projects and programs for seniors