The Office of the Vice-President, Research and Innovation is currently accepting applications for the Building Research Capacity at Lakehead University Award. Each year, this award is presented to an individual researcher or a group of researchers who have gone above and beyond their individual program(s) of research and positively impacted Lakehead University’s research community (e.g., colleagues, students, the broader community, etc.). These individuals’ contributions benefit Lakehead University’s research community.
Tenure-track and tenured Lakehead University faculty members are eligible to apply for this award. Applications must be submitted through the Romeo Research Portal. To access the portal, please log into MyInfo and select “Romeo Research Portal” under the web utilities icon.
Applications must contain the following documentation:
· A description highlighting how the researcher(s)’ capacity-building initiative has gone above and beyond their individual program(s) of research and positively impacted Lakehead University’s research community (e.g., colleagues, students, the broader community, etc.);
· An explanation of how the applicant(s) contributions are aligned with the following areas (no more than 3 if applicable):
1. Contributing to significant Lakehead University research initiatives or projects resulting in benefits to the broader university community;
2. Demonstrating significant leadership in the development of major funding research proposals and/or initiatives;
3. Creating successful interdisciplinary research centres or groups that have increased research capacity and external funding at the University;
4. Demonstrating research leadership and mentorship of junior researchers and highly qualified personnel resulting in increased research capacity;
5. Creating a legacy for researchers to utilize and/or build upon (i.e., research infrastructure, research tools, new graduate programs, etc.) to ensure continued research productivity and success at Lakehead University; and/or
6. Creating or facilitating significant events that promote research and innovation at Lakehead University.
· Letter(s) of support (minimum 1; maximum 3);
· Any additional evidence of the relevant research-capacity building that the applicant wishes to submit (e.g., conference/symposia programs, photographs, videos, etc.).
One cash award of $1,000 and a framed certificate will be presented to the selected recipient(s) during Research and Innovation Week’s Awards Reception.
Additional details about the Building Research Capacity at Lakehead University Award can be found here.
The application deadline is Wednesday, December 1 at 11:59 p.m.