NOHFC has recently introduced a new suite of programs. We are therefore pleased to issue the following call for applications under the NOHFC's People & Talent Program. One position is available. The internal deadline for the submission of administrative internship applications to the Office of Research (email@example.com) is April 30, 2021. Please email a copy of your application to Andrew Hacquoil, Research Grants Officer, Office of Research, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not submit your application to the NOHFC. Final decisions will be made by the Executive Team Working Group.
- Note: Under the administrative call, preference will be given to applications from Lakehead University administrative units.
General Program Information
- Workforce Development Stream: The intent of the Workforce Development Stream is to strengthen and develop Northern Ontario’s workforce through business partnerships by offering internships.
- Indigenous Workforce Development Stream: The intent of the Indigenous Workforce Development Stream is to strengthen and develop Northern Ontario’s Indigenous workforce through business partnerships by offering internships to Indigenous persons.
- Are new entrants into the workforce, are transitioning to a new career, or the unemployed or underemployed who are entering a new field;
- Have not previously participated in a NOHFC-funded internship;
- Are at least 18 years of age; and
- Reside, and be legally entitled to work, in Canada.
- For the Indigenous Workforce Development Stream: Identify as an Indigenous person, including First Nation, Metis, or Inuit.
- The extent to which the position addresses a labour shortage or supports the development of a skilled trade or profession in Northern Ontario
- The opportunity for the placement to result in a full-time, permanent job with the applicant or another Northern Ontario business
- The quality of the skill development opportunity and the potential for the position to provide specific and recognizable transferable skills
- The quality of the position’s work/training plan and direct onsite supervision methods