- Dr. Chris Murray, Department of Sustainability Sciences, Orillia campus, and Nancy Assance, Department of Education, Beausoleil First Nation for the research project titled, Agaaming ~ Across the Bay: Beausoleil First Nation Wind and Water Monitoring Project.
- Dr. Vicki Kristman, Department Health Sciences, and Audrey Gilbeau, Executive Director, Nokiiwin Tribal Council.
- Dr. Christopher Mushquash, Department of Psychology, Canada Research Chair, and Director of the Centre for Rural and Northern Health Research; and Tina Bobinski, Assistant Director of Mental Health and Addictions, Dilico Anishinabek Family Care.
- Dr. Frederico Oliveira, Department of Anthropology, and Clifford Bull, Chief, Lac Seul First Nation for their collaborative project, A Tridimensional Approach to First Nations’ Land Use and Occupancy in Northwestern Ontario: an Applied and Culturally Relevant Pilot Study.
- Dr. Ruth Beatty, Faculty of Education, Lakehead Orillia, and Christina Ruddy, First Nations partner, for their project, Connecting Anishinaabe and Western Mathematical Ways of Knowing.
- Improving End-of-Life Care in First Nations Communities: Dr. Mary Lou Kelley & Holly Prince with research team members from Lakehead University and McMaster University, and partners from Fort William First Nation, Six Nations of the Grand River Territory, Naotkamegwanning First Nation, and Peguis First Nation.
Aboriginal Partnership Research Award For 2012
- Dr. Scott Hamilton, Department of Anthropology; Jill Taylor-Hollings, Dept. of Anthropology, University of Alberta and Lakehead University; Lac Seul First Nation; Pikangikum First Nation; and Doug Gilmore of Woodland Caribou Provincial Park/Ontario Parks.