Mathematics is a science of pattern and order. It seeks order where there is chaos. It reveals hidden patterns that help us understand many complex problems surrounding us. The study of mathematics develops analytical and critical thinking skills which employers find extremely valuable. Consequently, a solid degree in mathematics can lead to a variety of careers.
Interested in Mathematical Sciences?
Students interested in the Mathematical Sciences program at Lakehead University will learn....
- Advanced training in research
- Essential skills in scholarly writing
- A comprehensive understanding of mathematical structures and applications
- Hands on learning in the design and solution of mathematical problems
What is Mathematical Sciences ?
Mathematical Sciences is the abstract discipline of numbers, quantity, and space. Mathematics may be studied in its own right, or as applied to other disciplines; such as physics and engineering.
The Program will Include:
- Small class sizes and one-on-one time with your professors
- Analytical and critical thinking
- Hands on learning
- The option to pursue Mathematical Physic or the choice to combine a Mathematics degree with a degree in Education, or opt to complete a combined Mathematics program with Economics or Physics
Congratulations to All Award Recipients
Congratulations to those faculty and staff who were presented with awards at Senate.
Royal Society of Canada will honour two Lakehead University professors for their remarkable contributions
On Friday, Nov. 19, Dr. Lori Chambers will be elected as a Fellow of the Royal Society of Canada (RSC) and Dr. Ruth Beatty will be inducted into the... full story
Revised Hours for Free Online Math Tutoring
This service provides a variety of tutoring for students enrolled in Math courses, mainly first and second year courses.
Science Week Introduces Indigenous Youth to Careers in Natural Resources
Fifty-two Indigenous youth from 29 communities are in Thunder Bay this week learning about geo-caching, cartography, sustainable energy,... full story