Tutoring is regular instruction or review aimed at students to help promote independence and academic success. The Student Success Centre, Academic Support Zone tutors have content knowledge, a desire to help others, and a positive outlook. Tutors are not homework machines, miracle workers, or your instructor. Tutoring is a two-way street where you are required to play an active role in engaging with what you're learning. As a Lakehead University student, you can access tutoring in two ways:
- Lakehead University offers free group tutoring in major program areas for years 1-2 of many programs. This means that the tutor will be able to answer most questions from a variety of courses within a program area. Group tutoring is offered virtually through Zoom. You can access the link to each session via mySuccess.
- Students who want a course tutor or private tutoring can hire tutors from the Tutor Directory. Students make their own arrangements regarding the schedule and payment with the tutor. The Tutor Directory can be accessed at mysuccess.lakeheadu.ca
MATH BOOTCAMP 2023
Sharpen your Skills
Math Bootcamp is a free, online course offered by the Lakehead University Student Success Centre.
Session 1 (January) is aimed towards all students enrolled in the Faculty of Business Administration
Session 2 (June) is aimed towards students enrolled in the College Transfer (Post-diploma) Program
Session 3 (August) is aimed towards all new incoming students at the undergraduate level.
The goal of this optional boot camp is to provide students with an opportunity to refresh some mathematical skills in order to be ready for the first day of their program at Lakehead.
How to Register
- Visit MyCourselink
- Log into MyCourselink using your Lakehead username and password.
- On the top menu bar, click the "Self-Register" link.
- Find the Math Bootcamp option in the list and complete the self-registration.
If you have any questions or would like more information about Math Bootcamp 2023, please email email@example.com