- For Staff
- Faculty & Staff Directory
- Helpdesk Ticket System
- Website Support
- Colleague - Web UI
- Forms Database
Welcome to the Department of Sustainability Sciences where an interdisciplinary team of academics extract the essence of their expertise collectively to address the challenges facing human-environment systems.
Interested in Sustainability Sciences?
Students interested in our programs will learn, through experiential and community- based learning as well as “on the job training” through our Co-Op option:
- How to promote sustainable ecosystems
- How to apply principles of sustainable development
- How to use science to develop green technologies
- How to create innovative solutions to the challenges facing human-environment systems
What is Sustainability Sciences?
The study of sustainable development and environmental science.
Our programs focus on the nexus between human development and wise use of Earth's resources in a continuously changing world.
- Acquiring and sharing knowledge by participating in various intellectual forums
- Active participartion in laboratory and field studies
- Avtice involvement in the community on knowledge sharing
- In-depth professional training for higher studies and careers in the sustainability fields
- Career oriented preparation through the Co-Op option
- All-encompassing package of arts and science courses for overall proficiency in the field of sustainability
Lakehead’s next In Conversation event to discuss climate change and carbon woes
Lakehead University’s Dr. Florin Pendea studies one of the most important research questions of today – climate change. As a paleo-ecologist, Pendea... full story
Lakehead University to welcome first Fulbright scholar
Lakehead University is hosting its first Fulbright scholar this fall with the arrival of Dr. James Hollenbeck at the Orillia campus.