Welcome to the Department of Sustainability Sciences where an interdisciplinary team of academics extract the essence of their expertise collectively to address the challenges facing human-environment systems.
Interested in Sustainability Sciences?
Students interested in our programs will learn, through experiential and community- based learning as well as “on the job training” through our Co-Op option:
- How to promote sustainable ecosystems
- How to apply principles of sustainable development
- How to use science to develop green technologies
- How to create innovative solutions to the challenges facing human-environment systems
What is Sustainability Sciences?
The study of sustainable development and environmental science.
Our programs focus on the nexus between human development and wise use of Earth's resources in a continuously changing world.
- Acquiring and sharing knowledge by participating in various intellectual forums
- Active participation in laboratory and field studies
- Active involvement in the community on knowledge sharing
- In-depth professional training for higher studies and careers in the sustainability fields
- Career oriented preparation through the Co-Op option
- All-encompassing package of arts and science courses for overall proficiency in the field of sustainability
Volunteers Wanted: Help Us Plant Four Gardens! 9:00 AM
Centennial Building Courtyard
Lakehead’s next In Conversation event to discuss climate change and carbon woes
Lakehead University’s Dr. Florin Pendea studies one of the most important research questions of today – climate change. As a paleo-ecologist, Pendea... full story
Lakehead University to welcome first Fulbright scholar
Lakehead University is hosting its first Fulbright scholar this fall with the arrival of Dr. James Hollenbeck at the Orillia campus.