- Faculty & Staff Directory
- Helpdesk Ticket System
- Website Support
- Colleague - Web UI
- Forms Database
The Department of Music was established in 1988 and has grown dramatically in size and reputation over the last three decades. Our music degree programs have been carefully designed to offer students a fine balance between academic and performance courses. Graduates of our programs have launched successful careers as music teachers, professional musicians, musicologists, composers, music librarians, arts administrators, music critics, music professors, and many other exciting career paths.
Music students at Lakehead enjoy a comprehensive range of performance and academic courses in a uniquely supportive learning environment. The Department of Music has long cherished its close association with the renowned Thunder Bay Symphony Orchestra, a relationship that provides outstanding mentorship opportunities for Lakehead University music students.
Interested in Music?
As a music student at Lakehead University, you will...
- Learn advanced skills in music performance through individual instruction in voice, piano, guitar, saxophone, organ or any orchestral instrument, as well as participation in various music ensembles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive range of performance and academic courses in a uniquely supportive learning environment.
The Program will Include:
- Critical thinking, writing, and analytical skills through the study of music history and music theory
- Professional skills through the study of subjects such as Musicianship and Conducting
- Creative thought processing through the study of Composition and Orchestration
- Specialized knowledge through focused courses such as Music in Canada, World Music, and a variety of specialized Topics courses in music
Events & Concerts
|Steinway Concert Grand Piano arrives on March 29, 2017!|
Music by Dr. Aris Carastathis on new CDs
Three new CD releases by Sarton Records, Warsaw, Poland include four compositions by Aris Carastathis.
Honours Student Recital
Music students present recital to celebrate excellence in performance
|Music Department Offers New Artist Certificate Program in Piano Performance and Pedagogy|