In addition to the general Lakehead University Admission Requirements, students applying to the Honours Bachelor of Music Program at Lakehead University must perform an Audition in their chosen instrument or voice. A conditional acceptance may be offered which will vary with each applicant to suit their individual goals. For more information please contact the Department of Music at (807) 343-8010 ext. 8787 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: The Honours Bachelor of Arts (Music) and the Honours Bachelor of Arts (Music)/ Bachelor of Education programs do not require an audition for admissions consideration.
Applicants to the Honours Bachelor of Music Program must audition with two or three contrasting works (i.e. slow and fast, from different music periods) of their choice. The works must be mostly from the classical repertoire. Auditions are held from February to June or anytime by electronic submission. In-person auditions can be arranged individually to accommodate the applicant. Early auditions are highly recommended. Depending on space availability late auditions may be accepted.
Students who plan to audition in person may book a time for their audition by sending an email message to email@example.com or by calling the Department of Music (807) 343-8010 ext. 8787.
It is possible to audition by sending a recorded performance. The recording must be unedited (one take from beginning to end of each work). Please include a repertoire list with titles and composer names.
- By electronic submission (video, audio files). Auditions can be sent as email attachments or as links to electronic transfer services (Google Drive, One Drive, WeTransfer, YouTube, etc.). Send your emails to firstname.lastname@example.org
- By post (video, audio files). Auditions can be sent on portable media (thumb drive, SD card, CD-R, DVD-R etc.).
Find out about our three Music degree programs, the Music Minor program, or about available music courses as electives at Lakehead University. Recent program updates and requirements make all of our programs highly accessible to students with a music background.
- Auditions and Theory placement.
- Differences between music degree programs.
- Career paths in music.
- Scholarships, Awards, Prizes, and Bursaries specifically for music.
- Unique features of the LU music options that are not available at other universities
Those who are interested can request a ZOOM meeting with department Chair, Dr. Aris Carastathis directly