- For Staff
- Faculty & Staff Directory
- Helpdesk Ticket System
- Website Support
- Colleague - Web UI
- Forms Database
Mathematics is a science of pattern and order. It seeks order where there is chaos. It reveals hidden patterns that help us understand many complex problems surrounding us. The study of mathematics develops analytical and critical thinking skills which employers find extremely valuable. Consequently, a solid degree in mathematics can lead to a variety of careers.
Interested in Mathematical Sciences?
Students interested in the Mathematical Sciences program at Lakehead University will learn....
- Advanced training in research
- Essential skills in scholarly writing
- A comprehensive understanding of mathematical structures and applications
- Hands on learning in the design and solution of mathematical problems
What is Mathematical Sciences ?
Mathematical Sciences is the abstract discipline of numbers, quantity, and space. Mathematics may be studied in its own right, or as applied to other disciplines; such as physics and engineering.
The Program will Include:
- Small class sizes and one-on-one time with your professors
- Analytical and critical thinking
- Hands on learning
- The option to pursue Mathematical Physic or the choice to combine a Mathematics degree with a degree in Education, or opt to complete a combined Mathematics program with Economics or Physics
Canada’s brightest youth are at SHAD Lakehead for month of July for intense enrichment and entrepreneurship
Grade 11 student Brianna Heal of Whitehorse, Yukon, is familiar with finding creative solutions to problems. She runs her own business and has had to... full story