- Faculty & Staff Directory
- Helpdesk Ticket System
- Website Support
- Colleague - Web UI
- Forms Database
At Lakehead University the School of Kinesiology studies human movement within a variety of contexts, including but not limited to: anatomy, biomechanics, physiology, psychology, sociology, motor control, adapted, and sociocultural.
Interested in Kinesiology?
Students of Kinesiology will gain....
- An understanding of the science of human movement.
- An ability to think analytically, critically and creatively and to make decisions on the basis of evidence, ethics, and values.
- Knowledge, competencies and skills to pursue and achieve professional certifications.
- A holistic appreciation of kinesiology examined from a lifespan perspective that includes application to all populations.
What is Kinesiology?
Kinesiology is the science of human movement, applying the latest evidence-based research to improve function, health and wellness of people in all settings and populations.
The Program Includes:
- Anatomy, biomechanics, physiology, musculoskeletal injuries, ergonomics, exercise prescription, lifestyle counselling, nutrition. psychology, sociology, motor control, adapted, and sociocultural.
- A strong focus on practical applied learning through a series of Practice of Kinesiology and lab based courses.
- The basic principles of the research process culminating in a fourth year research project.
- Knowledge, beliefs and attitudes associated with a healthy active lifestyle.