- For Staff
- Faculty & Staff Directory
- Helpdesk Ticket System
- Website Support
- Colleague - Web UI
- Forms Database
The School of Kinesiology at Lakehead University offers degrees at the Undergraduate and Graduate level. We are proud of our programs and the way in which they are enhanced by student-professor relationships and personalized attention.
Interested in Kinesiology?
Students of Kinesiology will gain....
- An understanding of the science of human movement.
- An ability to think analytically, critically, and creatively and to make decisions on the basis of evidence, ethics, and values.
- Knowledge, competencies, and skills to pursue and achieve professional certifications.
- A holistic appreciation of kinesiology examined from a lifespan perspective that includes application to all populations.
What is Kinesiology?
Kinesiology is the science of human movement, applying the latest evidence-based research to improve function, health, and wellness of people in all settings and populations.
The Program includes:
- Courses in anatomy, biomechanics, physiology, musculoskeletal injuries, ergonomics, exercise prescription, lifestyle counselling, nutrition, psychology, sociology, motor control, and adapted physical activity.
- A strong focus on hands-on learning in community based settings and applied laboratory sessions.
- Education on the knowledge, beliefs, and attitudes associated with a healthy active lifestyle.
- The basic principles of the research process culminating in a fourth year research project.
The Effects of Smelling Salts on Hockey Players' Reaction Time, Anaerobic Performance, and Sympathetic Nervous System - Kenneth Groop, MSc Thesis Defence 3:00 PM
College of Kinesiologists of Ontario - presentation 2:30 PM
Red Cross Standard First Aid/CPR - C 9:00 AM