- Faculty & Staff Directory
- Helpdesk Ticket System
- Website Support
- Colleague - Web UI
- Forms Database
Studying literature enhances our understanding of the complex ways in which words produce meaning, and the equally complex ways in which literature produces meaning – and how we also produce meaning when we read.
Writing and communicating effectively are invaluable assets in a wide variety of fields including: education, publishing, journalism, administration, business, politics, editing, publications research, novel writing, technical writing and law.
Interested in English?
Students interested in studying English at Lakehead University will learn....
- writing and communicating effectively
- creative and critical thinking
- constructing valid arguments, analyzing a wide variety of texts and arguments
- to develop distinctive aptitudes and intellectual abilities
- more about the diverse cultures and contexts in which we live our lives
The English program will include:
- exposure to different types of literature
- creative and academic writing
- studies of literary theory
- in-depth studies of texts from specific time periods, genres and/or nations.
|English Honours Student and Hockey player|
|English 2017 Winter Newsletter|
Lakehead University professors will discuss Ghostbusters 2016 and Trump
Did something strange in your neighbourhood lead to the election of Donald Trump?
|MUNRO FAMILY MEMORIAL PRIZE FOR POETRY AND PROSE|