- For Staff
- Faculty & Staff Directory
- Helpdesk Ticket System
- Website Support
- Colleague - Web UI
- Forms Database
Anthropology is the broad-based study of humans and our ancestors. From tracking ancient diseases to examining modern cultures, this discipline is critical to tracing our journey through time and exploring our existence today.
Are you interested in humankind, cultures and ancestry? Anthropology may be the program for you at Lakehead.
Interested in Anthropology?
Students interested in the Anthropology program at Lakehead University will learn....
- The analysis of archaeological sites and artifacts
- Human biocultural evolution and adaptation
- World cultures and practices
- DNA studies and forensic work
What is Anthropology?
Anthropology is the integrated biological and socio-cultural investigation of humankind, from the time of our hominid ancestors to the present, and encompassing small to large societies.
The Program will Include:
- Lectures, seminars, labs and field work
- Multiple streams of research with chance to intern at our world-renowned Paleo-DNA Lab
- Freedom to choose from a wide spectrum of electives
- Cultural resource management, cultivating skills to find and preserve historical artifacts
Thunder Bay student wins prestigious scholarship
Emily Cross awarded $80,000 Schulich Leader scholarship with the support of Lakehead University.
Lakehead University organizing a tasty talk on ancient beer
Lakehead University’s Carney Matheson will participate in a thirst-quenching Research and Innovation Week discussion about ancient beer at the Prince... full story
Lakehead University Professor receives an international Field Discovery Award
Lakehead University’s Dr. Matt Tocheri is being recognized by the Shanghai Archaeology Forum for his research on Homo floresiensis at Liang Bua in... full story
Adjunct Professor Examines "Vampire" Burials in Poland
A recent Smithsonian article describes research conducted by Dr. Marek Polcyn, Adjunct Professor in Anthropology, which involves the examination of '... full story