- For Staff
- Faculty & Staff Directory
- Helpdesk Ticket System
- Website Support
- Colleague - Web UI
- Forms Database
Anthropology is the broad-based study of humans and our ancestors. From tracking ancient diseases to examining modern cultures, this discipline is critical to tracing our journey through time and exploring our existence today.
Are you interested in humankind, cultures and ancestry? Anthropology may be the program for you at Lakehead.
Interested in Anthropology?
Students interested in the Anthropology program at Lakehead University will learn....
- The analysis of archaeological sites and artifacts
- Human biocultural evolution and adaptation
- World cultures and practices
- DNA studies and forensic work
What is Anthropology?
Anthropology is the integrated biological and socio-cultural investigation of humankind, from the time of our hominid ancestors to the present, and encompassing small to large societies.
The Program will Include:
- Lectures, seminars, labs and field work
- Multiple streams of research with chance to intern at our world-renowned Paleo-DNA Lab
- Freedom to choose from a wide spectrum of electives
- Cultural resource management, cultivating skills to find and preserve historical artifacts
Dr. Tocheri in National Geographic
Dr. Tocheri discusses his research in National Geographic
Researchers shed new insight into fate of Franklin Expedition
A team of academic researchers from MacEwan University in Edmonton, Lakehead University in Thunder Bay, Western University in London, University of... full story
|TEACHING ASSISTANT (TA) Postions Available for 2018-2019!|
One-of-a-kind gathering brought together Indigenous people from different countries for tourism discussion
Earlier this year, faculty, staff and students from Lakehead University, York University and partner university Escuela Superior Politécnica de... full story