Business Administration Diploma to Honours Bachelor of Commerce Degree Transfer Program
The Honours Bachelor of Commerce program includes learning experiences in:
- General knowledge and skill areas that include communication abilities, ethical understanding and reasoning abilities, analytic skills, use of information technology, understanding of multicultural and diversity issues, and reflective thinking skills.
- Management-specific knowledge and skill areas that include ethical and legal responsibilities in organizations and society; financial theories, analysis, reporting and markets; creation of value through the integrated production and marketing of goods, services, and information; group and individual dynamics in organizations; statistical data analysis and management science as they support decision-making processes throughout an organization; information technologies as they influence the structure and processes of organizations and economies, and as they influence the roles and techniques of management; domestic and global economic environments of organizations.
- Developing capacities to lead in organizational situations; to apply knowledge in new and unfamiliar circumstances through a conceptual understanding of relevant disciplines; to adapt and innovate to solve problems, to cope with unforeseen events, and to manage in unpredictable environments.
- Developing a commitment to an area of specialization and acquiring advanced knowledge in that area; developing advanced theoretical or practical skills for that area; devoting explicit attention to the role of the specialization area in managerial and organization contexts.
How the Transfer Program Works
You enter into Year 3 of the four-year Honours Bachelor of Commerce program, and can complete your degree in as little as two years. In Year 3, all students are required to select a major. We offer the following majors that you can complete:
- Business Economics
- Business Finance
- General Management
- Human Resources Management/Industrial Relations
- Information Systems
- International Business
At the time of application, you will need to select your major. If you are interested in multiple majors, feel free to submit additional applications. You get three choices as part of the base application fee.
The courses that you will complete as part of your degree are based on the major you select. If you would like to see course descriptions, refer to our Academic Calendar and select:
- Programs & Faculties from the menu,
- Undergraduate Programs from the Faculty of Business Administration section,
- Honours Bachelor of Commerce College Transfer Program from the list of programs, and the
- Major you are interested in.
To be consider for admission, you must:
- Complete a three-year Business Administration Advanced Diploma from an accredited Canadian college, and
- Achieve an overall average of at least 75%, which is based on your courses that are related to the business field.
Depending on the college courses that you have completed, you may be required to complete makeup courses. Some makeup courses must be completed prior to the start of the program, while others can be completed as part of the program.
To apply, please:
- Use the Undergrad (105) application:
- You may need to create an account first, if you have never applied using the Ontario Universities' Application Centre (OUAC) before.
- Find more information on applying via the 105 application.
- Select the program Business (Pathways with All Ontario Colleges) (Thunder Bay & Orillia). The OUAC program code is AAU.
- As you proceed through the application process, use the Online Transcript Request to have your transcript(s) sent to us, if applicable:
- We require all of your post-secondary transcripts (i.e. from all colleges and universities attended).
- We do not require your high school transcript.
- Some colleges do not add in progress courses to their transcripts. If you are currently completing courses, you are encouraged to upload a screenshot of your upcoming winter term courses to your myInfo account. You will receive your myInfo login credentials in an acknowledgement email from us upon receipt of your application (which can take a few days after you apply using the OUAC).
Who Can I Contact If I Need Assistance?
If you have questions about the transfer program, makeup courses, and/or your application status, contact Student Central.
If you encounter issues with the application and/or requesting online transcripts, contact the OUAC.
Learn more about the tuition & student fees for your transfer program. Keep in mind that the upcoming school year's fees are not available until June. Before June, you will most likely see last year's amounts. Refer to the Academic Year field if you are unsure.
To help fund your education, learn more about our scholarships, bursaries and awards.
If you are interested in applying for the Ontario Student Assistance Program, learn more about the program and its criteria.
Other Important Information
Take a look at our College & University Transfer Guide.
Check out our campus. You can take a virtual tour, or you can book a campus tour.
We also host numerous events throughout the year. We encourage you to attend one of our events to learn more about the transfer program.