Environmental Technology Diploma to Honours Bachelor of Environmental Science (Biology major) Degree Transfer Program
The study of environmental issues is becoming increasingly multidisciplinary, taking into consideration socio-economic, cultural and political actions and consequences in addition to scientific analysis. Our Environmental Studies program will provide you with the background to understand and evaluate environmental issues and solutions from a multitude of perspectives. You will gain the business skills, scientific expertise and practical experience needed to solve modern environmental and sustainability challenges.
How the Transfer Program Works
You enter into Year 3 of the four-year Honours Bachelor of Environmental Science (Biology major) program, and can complete your degree in as little as two years.
To see the courses that are part of the program, refer to our Academic Calendar and select:
- Programs & Faculties from the menu,
- Undergraduate Programs from the Faculty of Science & Environmental Studies section,
- Environmental Studies/Science Programs from the list of programs, and
- Honours Bachelor of Environmental Science (Biology Major) - Transfer.
To be consider for admission, you must:
- Complete a three-year Environmental Technology Advanced Diploma from an accredited Ontario college, and
- Achieve a 75% overall average.
To apply, please:
- Use the OUAC Undergraduate Application. You may need to create an account first, if you have never applied using the Ontario Universities' Application Centre (OUAC) before.
- Select the program Environmental Science & Environmental Studies (Pathways with All Ontario Colleges) (Thunder Bay Campus only). The OUAC program code is AAZ.
- Select Biology (Environmental Science) using the Subject of Major Interest drop-down menu.
- As you proceed through the application process, use the Online Transcript Request to have your transcript(s) sent to us, if applicable:
- We require all of your post-secondary transcripts (i.e. from all colleges and universities attended).
- We do not require your high school transcript.
- Some colleges do not add in progress courses to their transcripts. If you are currently completing courses, you are encouraged to upload a screenshot of your upcoming winter term courses to your myInfo account. You will receive your myInfo login credentials in an acknowledgement email from us upon receipt of your application (which can take a few days after you apply using the OUAC).
Who Can I Contact If I Need Assistance?
If you have questions about the transfer program, and/or your application status, contact Student Central.
If you encounter issues with the application and/or requesting online transcripts, contact the OUAC.
Learn more about the tuition & student fees for your transfer program. Keep in mind that the upcoming school year's fees are not available until June. Before June, you will most likely see last year's amounts. Refer to the Academic Year field if you are unsure.
To help fund your education, learn more about our scholarships, bursaries and awards.
If you are interested in applying for the Ontario Student Assistance Program, learn more about the program and its criteria.
Other Important Information
Take a look at our College & University Transfer Guide.
Check out our campus. You can take a virtual tour, or you can book a campus tour.
We also host numerous events throughout the year. We encourage you to attend one of our events to learn more about the transfer program.