General Information About Applying
Applying to Lakehead is easy. We are here to help you along the way.
As you prepare to apply to Lakehead, the following steps will help you stay on track with preparing your application:
- Review the General Admission Requirements and Program-Specific Prerequisites for the program you are interested in studying.
- Submit your application based on your applicant type. Refer to the Admission Requirements & Application Details page.
- Pay the associated application fees in order to ensure your application can be processed. Note: Applications will not be received and/or processed if application fees have not been paid.
- Ensure you submit the required documentation for us to review your application and make an admission decision.
- For High School Applicants - your official high school transcripts must be submitted. For Ontario High School Applicants, your grades will automatically be sent to Lakehead from your high school as part of the application through the Ontario Universities' Application Centre (OUAC).
- For Non-Direct High School Applicants - your official high school transcripts may be required to fulfill the pre-requisites for your programs of interest. Excluding Engineering Transfer applicants, we highly recommend you automatically submit your high school transcripts to expedite your application.
All final official hard copy transcripts can be mailed to:
Enrolment Services - Undergraduate Admissions
955 Oliver Road
Thunder Bay, Ontario P7B-5E1
- Enrol in all courses required to meet the Program-Specific Prerequisites. In order for Lakehead to assess you for admission, you must be enroled in all of the Program-Specific Prerequisites. If you are still in high school, you can enrol through your high school directly. Alternatively, you can also enrol in courses through Night School, Correspondence, Summer School, etc. It is imperative that you provide us with confirmation of your enrolment as soon as you enrol. Your final grades will need to be submitted upon completion of the course in order to clear any of your admission conditions.
- Lakehead will consider you for admission, either a firm admission or conditional admission. Conditional admission is based on successful completion of your in-progress courses and ultimately meeting Lakehead University's general admission requirements, including prerequisites, and any other non-academic requirements (applicable to Music and Visual Arts only).