What kind of applicant are you?
Check the general admission requirements along with the prerequisites for your program(s) of interest by selecting the kind of applicant that best represents you. Note: Admission requirements vary depending on your current/previous academic background.
- Ontario High School Student
- Non-Ontario High School Student (all other provinces, except Ontario)
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Student
- Home Schooled Student
- College Transfer Student
- University Transfer Student
- International Student
- Mature Student
- Returning Lakehead Student
- Visiting (i.e. Letter of Permission) Student
- Special Student (i.e. Interest Courses and Online Courses & Degrees)
Admission Requirements for Speciality Programs
Regardless of your academic background, we offer several specialty programs. Please review the following general admission requirements for further details.
- Law (Juris Doctor)
- Professional Year Bachelor of Education (Consecutive)
- Additional Qualifications
- One-Year Honours Bachelor of Social Work and Year 3 Honours Bachelor of Social Work
- Native Nursing Entry Program
- Native Access Program
- English Language Centre
The Senate of Lakehead University reserves the right to change regulations, programs and course requirements, as outlined above, without prior notice. Programs of study and course descriptions can be found in the Lakehead University Calendar located at mycoursecalendar.lakeheadu.ca