Your goal of pursuing a post-secondary education matters to us.
Upon assessment of your application, if we find that you do not meet the admission requirements for the program you applied to, we will automatically consider you for an alternate program. Some of the reasons why you may not be eligible for your particular program typically include:
- You haven't registered/completed a Program-Specific Prerequisite for the program you applied to;
- You did not achieve the required grade for a Program-Specific Prerequisite; and/or
- You did not achieve the cut-off average for a high in demand program.
Lakehead will automatically then consider you for another program that is closely related to the program(s) in which you have applied. You will then receive an Offer of Admission to that alternate program. Should you be interested in a different program than the one you received an Alternate Offer for, please let us know and will consider you for something that more closely aligns with your interests and goals.
Note: Alternate Offers can only be considered if you satisfy the General Admission Requirements to Lakehead University. If you are still completing your studies elsewhere (i.e. Ontario high school), please ensure you are registered in 6 Grade 12 U/M courses which includes the program specific prerequisite courses for the program(s) for which you have applied.
Academic Support Access Program (ASAP)
Should your academic background not reflect your true potential for success, the Academic Support Access Program (ASAP) acts as an entryway for students whose academic average falls slightly below the required admission average. This program provides you with the opportunity to pursue university studies, with access to enhanced resources to support a successful transition into your studies at Lakehead University. Supports include:
- Individual academic advising sessions, with connection to resources and services;
- Opportunity to participate in workshops and skill building sessions; and
- Mentorship opportunities with upper year students.
Applicants are automatically considered for admission to the Academic Support Access Program (ASAP), subject to program eligibility. For more information, please contact ASAP@lakeheadu.ca.