History 4904: Public History Project is a project based course, the exact nature of which will be determined in consultation with the Department. A supervisor will be assigned and tutorial hours arranged.
Prerequisite(s): 5 FCEs in History or registration in the Certificate in Public History Program. Open only to candidates for an Honours degree in History in their fourth year who have an 80% average in their History courses except with permission of the Department, or learners registered in the Specialization or Certificate in Public History.
Recent projects have included:
- Teaching Resource: "Regionally Based Grade Ten Canadian History Lesson Plans"
- Museum Education Kit: "Industrial Thunder Bay"
- Museum Exhibit: "Thunder Bay's Great Depression: A Photographic Exhibit"
- Dramatization: "The North West Company in Rebellion"
- Archive Finding Aid: "Alumni Association of Lakehead University Processing and Finding Aid Project"
Current and Past Instructors: