- For Staff
- Faculty & Staff Directory
- Helpdesk Ticket System
- Website Support
- Colleague - Web UI
- Forms Database
Visual Arts offers hands-on degree programs focused on developing technical and conceptual skills needed to transform ideas into art. Two streams of study provide the option to develop skills that are necessary to succeed as a practicing studio artist, or to enter a Concurrent Education program toward a future in teaching at the elementary or secondary school level.
Students explore all of the studio disciplines in the first year to experience the range of options to follow through the upper level courses. Studies in art history and theory help to develop research and writing skills, enhancing the individual voice that student artists bring their work. Small class sizes provide direct interaction and support from Instructors that are all practicing in their fields as artists, writers and researchers.
A Portfolio of artwork for admission to degree programs in Visual Arts is no longer required after May 15th, 2019.
Interested in Visual Arts?
Students interested in the Visual Arts program at Lakehead University will learn....
- To communicate visually through various means of drawing, painting, printmaking, sculpture and ceramics
- Develop studio skills through practical applications
- Creative ways to interpret the world and significant events
- Critically analyze visual culture
The Program will Include:
- Studies of art history and art theory
- In depth studies of the different studio disciplines
- Outreach programs with local art galleries and arts organizations
Lakehead University student’s art featured on new coin
A fourth-year visual arts student at Lakehead University says it feels incredible to have designed one side of a new coin for the Royal Canadian Mint...
Canada’s brightest youth are at SHAD Lakehead for month of July for intense enrichment and entrepreneurship
Grade 11 student Brianna Heal of Whitehorse, Yukon, is familiar with finding creative solutions to problems. She runs her own business and has had to... full story
|Award Winning Student Artist Subject of Local Documentary|
|Solo Art Exhibit Opening: Kurrents by Quentin Maki|