- For Staff
- Faculty & Staff Directory
- Helpdesk Ticket System
- Website Support
- Colleague - Web UI
- Forms Database
Visual Arts offers hands-on degree programs focused on developing technical and conceptual skills needed to transform ideas into art. Two streams of study provide the option to develop skills that are necessary to succeed as a practicing studio artist, or to enter a Concurrent Education program toward a future in teaching at the elementary or secondary school level.
Students explore all of the studio disciplines in the first year to experience the range of options to follow through the upper level courses. Studies in art history and theory help to develop research and writing skills, enhancing the individual voice that student artists bring their work. Small class sizes provide direct interaction and support from Instructors that are all practicing in their fields as artists, writers and researchers.
Interested in Visual Arts?
Students interested in the Visual Arts program at Lakehead University will learn....
- To communicate visually through various means of drawing, painting, printmaking, sculpture and ceramics
- Develop studio skills through practical applications
- Creative ways to interpret the world and significant events
- Critically analyze visual culture
The Program will Include:
- Studies of art history and art theory
- In depth studies of the different studio disciplines
- Outreach programs with local art galleries and arts organizations