- Faculty & Staff Directory
- Helpdesk Ticket System
- Website Support
- Colleague - Web UI
- Forms Database
Ph.D. (Sociology), University of Warwick, U.K.
M.A. (Anthropology), McGill University
HBA. (Anthropology), University of Alberta
I am an interdisciplinary health researcher with training in health sociology, medical anthropology and feminist studies. My research interests include: gender and health in rural, northern and Indigenous communities; body studies; qualitative and arts-integrated research; and oral/life history and women's WWII working lives.
As Director of the Centre for Rural and Northern Health Research (CRaNHR) at Lakehead, I lead and co-conduct multidisciplinary team projects on equity and access to health care in the north, and the training and education of regional health care providers.
Current projects include:
- Prenatal knowledge Xchange for equity in birthing outcomes and experiences, co-investigator [Women's Xchange Women's College Hospital]
- Improving maternity care for marginalized women in N.W. Ontario, P.I., [LU SRC]
- Northern Centre of Excellence for addictions and mental health, co-P.I. [Ministry of Health and Long-term Care - MOHLTC]
- Evaluating the continuum of prescription drug abuse recovery in Matawa First Nations, co-investigator, [Ontario Mental Health Foundation/MOHLTC]
- Nursing lives of Francophone nurses in Northern Ontario, co-investigator [Canadian Association for the History of Nursing/LU SRC]
- Collaborative network to develop community created cervical cancer screening education and screening strategies for FN women in northwestern Ontario, co-P.I. [CIHR]
- Tracking study for northern Ontario dietetics program, P.I. [MOHLTC/NOSM]