Dr. Batia Stolar
- Ph.D, Memorial University of Newfoundland
- English 2901 – Introduction to Film Theory
- English 2903 - Introduction to Literary Theory and Criticism
- English 2913 - Introduction to Literary and Cultural Theory
- English 3630 – Latina/Latino Literature
- English 3712 - Canadian Poetry
- English 4916 – Women & Cinema
- English 4916 - Gender and Visual Culture
- English 5050 – Film Theory
- English 5070 - Film Theory
- English 5413 - Immigrant Writing in Canada and USA
- English 5790 – Theories of Literature, Language and Culture (team taught)
Recent and forthcoming articles, on Jack Hodgins (with Andrew Lesk), Atom Egoyan, Michael Ondaatje, and Austin Clarke, have been or will be published in Studies in Canadian Literature, Canadian Journal of Film Studies, New Essays on Atom Egoyan (Wilfrid Laurier UP), and Downtown Canada: Writing Canadian Cities (Toronto).
She is currently researching the visual representation of the immigrant in photography, documentary, and film in 20th century Canada and the United States.
Secondary interests include gothic literature and film, women's literature, Latina/o literature, photography, and Cultural Studies.