Dr. Michel S. Beaulieu
Associate Vice-Provost (Academic) Professor
- PhD in History, Queen's University
- MA in History, Lakehead University
- HBA (English and History), Lakehead University
- BEd, Lakehead University
- Certificate in Museum Studies, Ontario Museum Association
- Certificate of Completion in Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: DEI Strategies for Business Impact, University of Cambridge, Judge Business School (Executive Education)
Other Current Appointments:
- Docent of Social Science History, University of Helsinki
- Docent of Modern North American History, University of Oulu
- Associate, Wilson Institute for Canadian History, McMaster University
- Previous Positions
As the Associate Vice-Provost (Academic), Michel provides support to the Provost and Vice-President Academic with responsibilities for building existing and developing new academic initiatives including pathways and partnerships and providing support for the administration of academic affairs within the Office of the Provost. In his role as an External Relations Associate, he is part of the External Relations Senior Leadership Team and is involved with Alumni Engagement and Prospect Pipeline and Government Relations. A full Professor of History, he is the past-Chair of the Department of History.
The author/co-author of five books and editor/co-editor of several others, Michel's research and publications have focused on various aspects of the economic, political, and social history of Northern Ontario. His previous experience also includes the non-profit and industry sectors with regional, provincial, and national organizations. Currently, these include as President of the Thunder Bay Historical Museum Society, a member of the Board of Directors of the Multicultural History Society of Ontario, and a director with the Manitoba and North West Ontario Regional Council for the Canadian Forces Liaison Council. He is a Past-President of the Ontario Historical Society and Past-President of The Champlain Society. A proud alumnus, he is a past president of the Alumni Association of Lakehead University and a past member of Lakehead University’s Board of Governors.
Michel is a Fellow of the Royal Historical Society and the Honorary Colonel of the Lake Superior Scottish Regiment.