$3,000 (for 1st year only)
- Awarded to ten (10) graduating students from high schools in Northwestern Ontario and Simcoe County who model good citizenship within their high school and community
- A minimum 85% average in Grade 12 U or M academic marks as of May 2017 is required
- Must be a citizen, permanent resident, or landed immigrant of Canada
- Must plan to attend Lakehead University the following year on a full-time basis
- Must be nominated by high school guidance department
- One (1) eligible student from each high school is nominated by their guidance department
- Each guidance department will inform Student Awards & Financial Aid of their nomination
- Nominated students will receive further instructions from their guidance department
- Nominated students must complete the “Supplemental Application Package”
Supplmental Application Package Tips:
- Read over the entire supplemental application package before you start completing each section. Follow the specific instructions for each section.
- There is no limit on the number of pages submitted. Be as detailed or as concise as you would like! Just be sure to provide us with a good understanding of your involvement within your high school and community.
- The deadline to submit the supplemental application package is March 31, 2017 at 4:30pm. Late submissions will not be considered.
- This scholarship may be combined with the Lakehead University Academic Entrance Scholarship up to the maximum value of free tuition. This scholarship cannot be held with the Lakehead University Presidential Scholarship.
- High schools from Northwestern Ontario & Simcoe County can nominate only one (1) student. If the student does not meet the above criteria at the time of review or chooses to not attend Lakehead University the following year on a full-time basis, the high school cannot nominate another student.
- The ten (10) recipients of the Northwestern Ontario & Simcoe County Citizenship Scholarships will be notified in May 2017.