- For Staff
- Faculty & Staff Directory
- Helpdesk Ticket System
- Website Support
- Colleague - Web UI
- Forms Database
Travel Information & Directions for your Campus Tour
Thunder Bay Campus Tours
Campus tours at Lakehead University last about three hours and may include a visit to residence and a meeting with faculty if requested. During the walking tour, our tour guides will showcase all that Lakehead University has to offer including student services, popular hangouts, and recreational facilities. Visitors will explore the layout of campus as our tour guides will highlight buildings, classrooms, lecture theatres, and computer labs. While walking outdoors to various parts of campus, enjoy the natural environment that surrounds Lakehead University!
Travelling to Thunder Bay
The Thunder Bay International Airport is served by major airlines, WestJet, Porter and Air Canada, as well as regional airlines. Many flights travel to and from Thunder Bay each day from other major Canadian cities as well as smaller or more remote northern communities. Visitors travelling by car to Thunder Bay will enjoy the TransCanada route from the west through Boreal forest and Canadian Shield. When travelling along the TransCanada from the east, the highway along the north shore of Lake Superior is of the most scenic in the country. For more information about travelling to Thunder Bay, click on the links below:
Driving to Thunder Bay? During the winter months, it is a good idea to check on the weather and road conditions in the area for your road trip. Trans Canada Road Conditions
Directions to the Tour Starting Point
Before your tour, please come to the Undergraduate Recruitment office at our newest Student Central (located in the Agora) to meet up with your tour guide. Please click here for a campus map.
From the Thunder Bay International Airport to Campus by Car:
- When exiting the airport, turn left onto Highway 61 (becomes Hwy 11/17)
- Continue on Highway 61 N to Oliver Rd
- Turn right onto Oliver Rd
- Turn right onto Agora Cr
- Click here for a map link
From the Thunder Bay International Airport to Campus by Public Transit:
- Bus fare is $2.75. Here is a link for the schedules & maps for Thunder Bay City Transit.
- Take the #14 Airport bus to the City Hall terminal. Be sure to get a transfer when you board the bus.
- Transfer to the #16 Balmoral bus to Confederation College.
- At the college transfer to the #2 Crosstown in the direction of the Water Street Terminal.
- Get off the bus at the Lakehead University Agora Circle stop.
- From there, walk inside and you will find the Student Central. (refer to the campus map)