- Faculty & Staff Directory
- Helpdesk Ticket System
- Website Support
- Colleague - Web UI
- Forms Database
Graduates of the nursing program are leaders and advocates for health in Northwestern Ontario and beyond.
Lakehead University School of Nursing accepted its first students in 1965 and since that time has continued to grow and evolve. The School of Nursing currently offers a four year BScN program in collaboration with Confederation College, a three year compressed BScN program, a Nurse Practitioner Program, a Masters in Public Health with a Specialization in Nursing, and a Native Nurses Entry Program. Some of the programs are even offered through distance delivery modes.
What is Nursing?Nursing is a profession that blends science with caring, and technology with humanity. Nurse researchers study the science and the art of caring. Nurse clinicians use technology to improve their nursing care. Whether in the hospital, in the school, in long term care, in industry, in the community or in the home, nurses make a difference. You too will make a difference at Lakehead University.
Why Choose Lakehead?
Students interested in the Nursing program at Lakehead University will learn....
- Valuable hands on experiences using state of the art medical technology
- Nursing theories and practices through classroom, laboratory and clinical experiences
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Clinical experiences during your first year
- Diverse clinical experiences (e.g., in the community, the hospital, and long-term care) throughout the program.
- A compressed program and a collaborative program
- A focus on northern health issues
- Established relationships with health agencies outside of Thunder Bay. Fourth year students in good standing academically/clinically, and who meet other key conditions, may be able to go away for their clinical experience
- Our graduates practice in acute care, chronic care, long-term care, the community, the military, etc.
|Registration Open: 3rd Year Compressed Nursing|
Lakehead University Professors Receive Teaching Innovation Award
Three Lakehead University Associate Professors from the School of Nursing have won the COUPN Teaching Innovation Award for a mask-making project... full story
Lakehead University Nursing students learn about caring by facing themselves and others
More than 200 Lakehead University students recently learned about the human face of caring through an interactive mask-making project that will help... full story