Chemistry is often called the central science since it deals with the behaviour of matter and the basic chemical substances of which all matter is composed. Because of this many other disciplines such as biology, geology, engineering and medicine depend heavily on chemistry.
Interested in Chemistry?
As a Chemistry Students at Lakehead you will:
- work with sophisticated and specialized instruments
- have the opportunity to participate in research - as an undergraduate student
- have easy access to instructors
- have the chance to explore the specialty areas of analytical chemistry, inorganic chemistry, biochemistry, organic chemistry, physical chemistry, polymer chemistry, and theoretical chemistry
- be well prepared for employment such as with various government agencies and with industries such as pulp and paper, pharmaceuticals, biotechnology and petrochemicals, and in the field of education
Researcher examining new way to capture images of the brain for Alzheimer’s disease
Imagine there was a more effective way to study the brain while treating Alzheimer’s disease. The Weston Brain Institute is providing $709,650 to... full story
|Sessional Teaching Position|