Dr. Thangarajah Akilan
T. Akilan received his Ph.D. degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering from University of Windsor, Windsor, Ontario, Canada. He is currently an Assistant Professor with the Department of Software Engineering, Lakehead University, Thunder Bay, ON, Canada.
Department of Software Engineering
- (2020F) ESOF-0151-FDE - Large Scale Data Analytics
Department of Computer Science
- (2020S) COMP-1411-SDE - Computer Programming I
- (2019W) COMP-5413-WB/WC - Topics in Natural Language Processing
- (2019S) COMP-5413-AB/AC - Topics in Natural Language Processing
- (2019Y) COMP-5800-YE - Project
- (2019Y) COMP-5800-YF - Project
- (2019F) COMP-4312-FA - Cloud Computing
- (2019F) COMP-2430-FA - Mobile Computing Technology
His research interests include object/action recognition, image/video processing and segmentation, and data fusion using statistical techniques, machine/deep learning, and natural language processing.
He serves as secretary of IEEE Windsor Section, Canada and a reviewer for several journals including IEEE Transactions on Multimedia, IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems, and IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics.