The Undergraduate Student Research Award (USRA) program offers an opportunity to nurture your interest and fully develop your potential for a research career in the natural sciences or in engineering. If you are thinking of continuing your studies at the graduate level, participation in the USRA program is a great way to explore advanced study in your field. Qualified indigenous students are encouraged to apply for this award.
To be ELIGIBLE TO APPLY for an award, you must:
- be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada or a Protected Person;
- be registered in a bachelor's degree program at an eligible university at the time you apply; and
- have obtained a cumulative of at least 75% in your previous university academic year (college transfer students and Year One (1) students must have at least 75% average at the end of the current year).
To HOLD an award, you must:
- be registered in a bachelor’s degree program;
- have completed all the course requirements of at least one year of university study (or two academic terms) of your bachelor's degree;
- have been registered in a bachelor’s degree program in the term immediately before holding the award;
- work under the supervision of a faculty member authorized to supervise students;
- have a proposed research project that clearly lies within natural sciences and engineering;
- be engaged on a full-time basis in research and development activities in the natural sciences or engineering during tenure of the award (16 consecutive weeks); and
- have not started a graduate studies program.
If you would like to gain research work experience that complements your studies in an academic setting, this award is for you!
To apply for the NSERC USRA, download the following documents:
January 31, 2022 however, students should contact their faculty/department for internal deadline.
For more information, please contact Student Central at email@example.com.