The Native Nursing Entry Program (NNEP) is a nine-month access program designed to provide the necessary skills and academic preparation required for the successful completion of the Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BScN) degree program at Lakehead University. You, too, can realize your dreams to become a qualified nurse by beginning your studies with NNEP here at Lakehead University.
Interested in the Native Nursing Entry Program?
Students interested in the Native Nursing Entry program at Lakehead University will learn....
- A mixture of traditional and western medical practices
- Chemistry, Biology, Math, and English
- Culturally appropriate care for Aboriginal Patients
- Protection and maintenance of optimal health, providing valuable physical and emotional support
What is the Native Nursing Entry Program?
The Program will Include:
- English, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology courses
- Professional nursing orientation, paired with compassionate communication skills
- Field placement experience in your own community or other Aboriginal health-care setting
- Essential research and study skills, ensuring practical use in class and in the field
Lakehead University thrilled that 100th student from the Native Nurses Entry Program will graduate with a nursing degree
Faculty and staff in Lakehead University’s School of Nursing are thrilled that this year they will be graduating the 100th Bachelor of Science in... full story
Lakehead University nursing student wins provincial award for program assisting new mothers
Brianna Decontie spent from early January to mid February adapting a five-week mothers’ support group for Kitigan Zibi Health and Social Services in... full story