Psychology Program Coordinator
Department of Psychology
Schedule II, Band 4 (Under Review)
Competition # SCHII-18-27
Reporting to the Chair of the Department of Psychology, the Psychology Program Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the Psychology undergraduate and graduate programs to facilitate student success and program sustainability. The Psychology Program Coordinator may assign tasks to the Department Administrative Assistant as required.
Student Success and Admissions
- Provide first-line program advising to undergraduate students and program assistance to graduate students
- Oversee undergraduate and graduate student progression in the program and support student success, including degree audits, scholarships and awards, and graduate assistantships.
- Support the department to review and revise program curricula for continuous quality improvement
- Monitor websites, documents, policies, and the calendar to ensure students are able to navigate their programs in a coherent and organized manner
- Engage in outreach to students to promote success
- Coordinate admissions to the graduate programs and undergraduate thesis program
- Coordinate practical training in psychology, liaise with students and clinical sites, solicit and coordinate placements
- Maintain positive and professional relationships with placement sites, provide opportunities for feedback and networking
- Prepare, review, and implement policies relating to practical training in psychology
Clinical Test Library and Accreditation Coordinator
- Operate the clinical test library and archives, including supply management of consumable resources, making recommendations and arranging purchases
- Support the accreditation review process for the clinical doctoral program by managing statistics, documents, and tables, and by writing report drafts with the direction of the Clinical Program Director
- Organize accreditation site visits and annual updates to the clinical program manual
Community Education and Program Promotion
- Identify opportunities, plan, lead, organize, and present program promotion activities
- Oversee the gathering of information, news, and events, and produce and distribute newsletters and make updates to websites and social media
- Maintain an active social media presence for the department
- Oversee the development of a contact list for program graduates
- A Bachelor’s degree preferably in Psychology, plus 2 years of experience in an administrative role, or the equivalent education and experience;
- Familiarity with quality assurance, accreditation, and curriculum;
- Ability to organize and manage information and calculate statistics;
- Ability to represent the programs professionally and positively with community organizations, students, and potential students;
- Ability to work independently;
- A professional attitude and understanding of confidentiality;
- Computer skills including Excel, Word, Database software, scanning and filing, Google Drive, social media, and the university’s website and user interface platforms (MyInfo, Concur);
- Strong written and oral communication skills and interpersonal skills
Interested applicants are invited to submit a single pdf document quoting competition # SCHII-18-27, that includes a cover letter, resume, and the contact information of three work related references by 4:30 p.m. on October 22, 2018 to:
Office of Human Resources
We appreciate your interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be notified.
Lakehead University is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals including women, racialized persons, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and other equity-seeking groups. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. This is in accordance with Canadian immigration requirements.
Lakehead University is committed to supporting an accessible environment. Applicants requiring accommodation during the interview process should contact the Office of Human Resources at (807) 343.8334 or email@example.com to make appropriate arrangements.