Recruitment Admissions Officer, Enrolment Services
Job ID: SCHII-23-09
Job Title: Recruitment Admissions Officer
Department: Enrolment Services – Undergraduate Admissions/Undergraduate Recruitment
Campus: Thunder Bay, ON
Status: Full Time, Permanent
Job Category: Schedule II
Date Posted: June 2, 2023
Closing Date: June 14, 2023
Why Lakehead University?
Thunder Bay is one of Canada’s top emerging cities. Here you will find a mix of modern city living and the best of nature – all on your doorstep. Thunder Bay provides small city affordability, big city opportunities and the bonus of a superior lifestyle. When it comes to location, nature and cost of living, Thunder Bay is one of the best places to live in Canada. For more on the vibrant city of Thunder Bay, visit thunderbay.ca.
At Lakehead University we challenge the conventional to provide a university experience that’s far from ordinary. Your unique ideas will be respected and encouraged. Join our thriving academic community where you can make a real difference through innovation and collaboration.
Lakehead is a comprehensive University with a reputation for innovative programs and cutting-edge research. In 2022, for the third year in a row, Lakehead University was included in the top 100 of the Times Higher Education Impact Rankings. Lakehead is the highest ranked university in the world with under 10,000 students. Maclean’s has once again included Lakehead University among Canada’s top 10 primarily undergraduate universities in the magazine’s 2023 University Rankings.
About this Job
The Recruitment Admissions Officer is a joint position between Undergraduate Admissions and Undergraduate Recruitment that serves as both a fully trained Admissions Officer and Student Recruiter. As an Admissions Officer, this position provides admissions counselling and conducts admissions assessments for current and prospective students. As a Student Recruiter, the individual is involved in recruiting and converting students by coordinating and representing Lakehead at various events both virtually and in person, such as high school visits, college fairs, community events, career fairs, and other venues across Thunder Bay and the province. In a regular cycle, there is an extensive travel component while in Undergraduate Recruitment.
- Advises prospective students, applicants and current students on Lakehead University's admission policies, procedures, requirements, and on the suitability of qualifications for admission consideration
- Assists applicants through the application and admissions process -Responds to inquiries during scheduled in-person and virtual appointments, drop-ins, phone calls and emails
- Shares and disseminates admissions-related information to other staff members
- Provides support to guidance counsellors, including responding to inquiries regarding admission requirements and required documentation
- Cultivate and establish close relationships with local and regional guidance counsellors, teachers, and staff along with college transfer counsellors, and maintains a comprehensive database for future communication and relationship management
- Research and develop entry strategies for new territories and potential partnerships
- Generates Offer of Admission letters using Colleague for all undergraduate admits
- Performs other duties as assigned by management
- University degree or equivalent education in a related field;
- Minimum of 1 to 2 years of experience working in a post-secondary setting in the field of student admissions and / or recruitment;
- A valid Ontario driver's license and willingness and ability to travel on university business, often on short notice
- Demonstrated excellence in public speaking with the ability to create and deliver dynamic presentations;
- Appreciation and understanding of diverse cultures and backgrounds with the ability to communicate with multicultural populations;
- Well-developed research, analytical, decision-making and computer skills;
- Ability to multi-task and the capacity to handle heavy workload;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of student data records and understand the importance of the Freedom of Information and the Protection of Privacy Act;
- Proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint as well as functional experience with student information systems, specifically Ellucian Colleague.
- Extensive travel across Ontario for Student Recruitment Initiatives
- Varying hours and days of work to accommodate travel, events and school/fair visits
- Office environment
What do We Offer?
This position offers a competitive remuneration package including salary, comprehensive benefits package, life insurance, pension plan, and tuition waiver.
Lakehead University has a commitment to supporting employees and providing opportunities for flexible and diverse work arrangements. We are proud to share the Alternate Work Arrangement Guideline as a step to creating innovative schedules that work for our employees to promote a quality work-life balance. Please inquire with the hiring manager if this position is eligible for an Alternate Work Arrangement.
How to Apply
Interested applicants may apply by clicking on this link to this Google Form and attaching your cover
letter and resume in word or PDF format.
If you are experiencing any issues with the Google Form, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
We appreciate your interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be notified. Lakehead University is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals including women, racialized persons, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and other equity-seeking groups. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. This is in accordance with Canadian immigration requirements.
Lakehead University is committed to supporting an accessible environment. Applicants requiring accommodation during the interview process should contact the Office of Human Resources at (807) 343.8334 or email@example.com to make appropriate arrangements